
Nothing like wearing your mother's old hosiery on yer' skull! I realized how weird it was when one of the pirates dropped their "dreads" and our kind neighbor reluctantly but dutifily picked it up w/the tips of his index finger and thumb.
Halloween evening was intensely beautiful. The family walked our block and then settled in to pass our pretzels and candy. Admittedly I spent much of it chatting w/neighbors before we all settle in for the long winter when our interactions are often limited to wave as we shovel ourselves out.
My only halloween request for next year is simple - If you are an adult w/o a costume coming to my door to take treats from my toddlers, please have the courtsey to get off your cell phone and say "trick or treat" and "thank you" to the children. Feel better.
I've already had requests for fireman (the boys greatly admire our fireman neighbor), peter pan, indian, and dolphin for next year. Lets get through Christmas, birthdays,.... first.
No comments:
Post a Comment