Friday, December 5, 2008

pirate runs amok and baking soda to the rescue


Elijah wasn't alone long when he excitedly called me in to see the pirate ship he drew. It was beautiful, although his medium was white crayon and his canvas was the chalkboard. After some research I decided on baking soda clean up - I didn't have some of the other products on hand and I wanted low-tech and non-toxic as a 4 year old was heading up the project. His elbow grease ran out before mine, and his pre-existing knee boo-boo seemed to conveniently flare up. The BS worked lovely on the white crayon marks (better quality crayon), but did not clear up the red (restaurant) crayon. The red ones don't really show up anyway, but as you can see the white was pretty clear and would surely get in the way of future drawings.
No after picture, but trust me, its about good as new. Baking soda and/or vinegar can fix anything!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Nice job! Love the drawing.

Michelle R said...

awh, I love the drawing!