Saturday, August 8, 2009

must be soon

Most people fill their freezers with meals ready to go or create thank you cards just waiting for personalizing or have handy lists around the house for those helping in the coming weeks. I decided to knit like a nut and finally move a months worth of photos onto the computer.

We hit 40 weeks and I suppose our time has run out. We know (a little bit) what we're in for this time so we are savoring each moment until the precious baby arrives.

*************************************************


With these, I think I've mastered mittens. I didn't use a pattern, but went through a basic formula of how to create the thumb and other than a kitchener stitch at the top have NO seaming to do. Plus they helped use up some of my yarn stash - self-stripping sock yarn. I try to be very disciplined about using old before buying any more. The size on these looks remarkably different, but the smaller does fit Tobias and the larger is a little large on Elijah. Maybe Joy and Rebecca recognize the yarn.


Tobias hasn't had a stocking yet, so figured it was time to create a stocking for each member of the family. They'll go through a slight felting but that will be a treat for me to do some chilly November day. Finally used Brown Sheep yarn for a project. Really loved it. I liked the top attached I-cord from another pattern and stripping motif, but otherwise came up w/my own plan. Anyone want either stocking or mittens pattern let me know and I'll send it to you. Both very easy!

1 comment:

Michelle R said...

thinking of you Sarah.....